Gujarat cargo service makes shipping easy so you don't have to be an expert to ship with us. The following sections give guidance on all the things you need to know. Have a quick flick through and you will see loads of useful information on how to get the best from our site.
Export Documentation/parcel When Shipping Outside of the EU
Every country outside the EU has different customs regulations. When shipping non-document shipments outside the EU, you will need to prepare documents to present to customs explaining what you're shipping and why. But don't worry, whenever customs documentation is required, Gujarat cargo service will tell you its needed and also actually help you produce the required documents. Export documents explain what you're shipping and why, so that customs in the country your shipping can check what level of duty and tax to charge (If any) and also to ensure the items you're shipping are not restricted or prohibited.
It's really important your paperwork is accurate. Your goods will be x-rayed, so descriptions and quantities, and values must be accurate. If customs find you have mis-declared the contents or values, then they may impose financial penalties and hold the goods until these are paid. Gujarat cargo service has no control over customs decisions and can only mediate on your behalf.
Preparing Your Own Shipping Invoice:
If you want to use your own export documents,(Instead of letting Gujarat cargo service prepare them for you) you can. To download the template Click Here But remember, you will need to produce 5 copies, put 2 on the package and give the other 3 to the driver.
At a Glance:
- Gujarat cargo service helps you prepare paperwork for customs.
- Your customs documentation must be accurate.
- Your shipment may be subject to additional customs and handling charges.
When shipping outside the EU, customs in the country you're shipping to will determine what level of duty and tax to apply to your shipment (if any) dependent on the goods you're shipping them and why you're shipping them. For example if they are a gift or samples, then they are unlikely to incur as many charges as if you are selling them.
Every product has a commodity code (Also known as a Tariff code or harmonization code). Every commodity code has a different level of duty and tax in every country, if you don't state the correct code then the customs agent in the receiver country will need to literally guess it based upon the description you provide. This could result in your receiver incurring additional charges.
It is normal to bill these charges to the receiver, however we can charge these back to you, but you will need to pay a deposit equivalent to 25% of the value of the goods your shipping, and the minimum deposit is £30. If the charges turn out to be less, we will refund your account accordingly. It usually takes about 3 weeks before any charges will be calculated. Please note there is also a £25 surcharge for this service.
At a Glance:
- If your shipment has a value and it's travelling outside the EU, customs in the country you're shipping to may apply duty & taxes to your shipment.
- It's normal for the receiver to pay duty charges.
- If you wish, we can charge these back to you, but it costs you more.
- Contact customs in the receiver country to determine local levels of duty and tax.
- It's important that your paperwork is accurate and lists each item you’re shipping. Don’t worry Gujarat cargo service will help you every step of the way and if you’re really stuck, where just a click away contact us.
Commodity codes explained
Check the commodity code for your shipment
Gujarat cargo service.com is great because it's so simple. From printing your shipping label to tracking your shipment, Gujarat Cargo Service is easy and fun to use. Gujarat Cargo Service also takes the worry out of shipping by monitoring everything from collection to delivery, helping to resolve problems if they occur. But how does it all work? Whenever you login, you will see updates on all your shipments. You can also select for email alerts to be sent to you and anyone you want or you can download the Gujarat Cargo Service widget to get real time updates direct to your desktop! Find our more
Here's How It Works:
- Use the quick quote function to tell us about your package and where you’re shipping to
- Select the service to suit your budget. Express or economy delivery, am or pm delivery, you choose.
- Enter more shipment info, and then select any upgrades you want such as money back guarantee or enhanced insurance cover.
- Confirm, pay and print your shipping label.
- Login to Gujarat Cargo Service get 'at a glance' tracking updates on your shipment or download the Gujarat parcel service widget and have updates to your desktop!
At a Glance:
- Gujarat Cargo Service can deliver your package in where in India within 28 states
- You can pay by credit/debit card
- You can send a package without registering, but if you do, you'll get added benefits!
- Gujarat Cargo Service pro-actively monitors your shipment and helps resolve problems, so you don’t have to!
- Gujarat Cargo Service can help you produce any shipping paperwork you need.
- Download the Gujarat Cargo Service Widget and get updates direct to your desktop!
More Info on Shipping with Us:
- To print a shipping label, you will need a printer! If you don't have a printer, we can arrange for the courier to bring labels with them (But this service does cost more, you can select it from the summary page, before you buy)
- Although we offer the very best services, from the world's best carriers, sometimes shipments are delayed, or collections fail. All our timed services come with a money back guarantee and for other services, Gujarat parcel service also offers an optional money back guarantee, it does cost a little more, but for that you get extra Peace of mind.
- You can also select additional Cover against loss or damage to Your shipments. You’re covered Up to £60 on every shipment You send, so long as The item packaged In accordance with Our packaging guidelines And is not on our 'No compensation items' or 'Prohibited articles' list.
Surcharges that may apply to you shipment
Size and weight restrictions
Money back guarantee
When in transit, your package will be handled multiple times. It might also have packages put on top of it. Your packaging has to be strong enough to withstand courier transportation. If your packaging is not sufficient, you risk your package being damaged in transit, and you will also not be able to claim compensation. Gujarat cargo service can help you ensure your package is secure, read the guidelines below to see how. Gujarat cargo service can provide extra strong packaging at excellent prices, to view now, Click Here
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact that is strong enough for your goods (See Box Strength Guidelines)
- Remove any labels and markings from the box.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping. Make sure the joins have enough tape to hold them securely closed and run tape in both directions across the box and joints.
- Use adequate cushioning material.
- Make sure your products are not touching the walls of the box; they should be suspended in packaging.
- Wrap all items separately
- Don't encase the outer packaging with paper or plastic or use string.
- Use a single address label with delivery and return information.
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package.
- If your package weighs greater than 70 kg in weight, then the goods will need to be palletized. Furthermore Gujarat cargo service does not provide a removal service or a lifting service, so your goods will need to accessible for a vehicle to load the goods using a tail-lift.
At a Glance:
- Use good strong packaging, put lots of cushioning inside the box, wrap your item well and seal the box well.
- Gujarat cargo service offers a range of packaging solutions to help you ship your package safely and securely. Click Here For More Info.
- You can either print the shipping label or email it to yourself / someone else.
- You can print the shipping label/s using any laser printer.
- Gujarat cargo service normally prints two copies of the shipping label for each parcel; the spare label should be handed to the collecting courier.
- Attach a shipping label to each package using a documents enclosed pouch.
Box strength guide lines
Size & weight restrictions
Surcharges that apply to certain packages
Terms & conditions of carriage
Order packaging supplies
Claims guide lines
The following is a summary for information purposes of certain relevant provisions of the GujaratCargoService.com Limited terms and conditions of Carriage. The full terms prevail in case of inconsistency with the present summary.
GujaratCargoService.com Limited contracts with the shipper on the basis that. GujaratCargoService.com Limited’s liability is strictly limited to direct loss only and to the per kilo/Ib limits in this Section 8. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including but not limited to lost profits, income, interest, future business.
GujaratCargoService.com Limited’s liability in respect of any one Shipment transported, is limited to its actual cash value and shall not exceed the greater of £60.or:
International Carriage: Where carriage is international, international conventions may apply, in particular the Warsaw or Montreal Convention in the case of carriage by air and CMR Convention in the case of carriage by road. The national laws of some countries may also extend the rules of such conventions to purely domestic carriage.
Were they apply, the rules of the Warsaw, Montreal and CMR conventions govern and in most cases will limit our liability for loss, damage or delay to a shipment.
the Warsaw and Montreal Convention limit is usually 17 Special Drawing Rights (SDR's) per kilogram of the goods affected
The CMR Convention limit is 8.33 SDR's per kilogram (but restricted to the amount of carriage charges in the case of delay).
Other Carriage: Where Convention rules do not apply, we will only pay compensation for loss, damage or delay of a package caused by our negligence and only up to a maximum of:
£60 per shipment;
if greater, 8.33 SDR's per kilo of the goods affected,
subject (as in all cases) to proof of loss. See our terms and conditions for further information.
You may obtain the benefit of a greater limit of liability by declaring an insurance value for carriage on the GujaratCargoService.com Limited shipping documentation and paying corresponding additional charge. If you declare an insurance value and pay the applicable charge, then GujaratCargoService.com Limited's liability shall be limited to proven damages not exceeding the sum so declared (see under 'Optional services).
The value of the goods concerned shall not in any event exceed £5,000 (£300 in the case of jewellery or costume watches) or its local equivalent per package in a shipment, as GujaratCargoService.com Limited does not offer carriage for goods with values exceeding these amounts.
Except when Convention rules or other mandatory laws apply and require otherwise, we will not pay compensation for purely economic losses (such as loss of business opportunities or loss of revenue resulting from loss of use), even if a value has been declared for carriage in respect of the relevant shipment. We will also not be liable for any damage to or loss of packaging.
Any claim against GujaratCargoService.com Limited must be notified to us in writing as soon as possible and also within any specific time limits set out in our terms and conditions. In certain circumstances, Convention rules (if applicable) may permit a claim to be pursued against GujaratCargoService.com Limited outside these periods.
In addition to the above, any legal proceedings in respect of a shipment must be commences and served on us within eight months of Deliver or (in the case of non-Deliver)of the due date for Deliver. If the Warsaw, Montreal or CMR Conventions apply, there are longer time limits for the commencement or legal proceedings: in summary 2 years in the case of the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions and 1 year (3 years if there is a wilful misconduct on ParcelHero.com Limited's part) in the case of CMR Convention.
- Canvas Prints
- Car Door
- Car Panel
- China, Crockery or Ceramics
- Computer Monitors
- Fish tank
- Food or any perishable products
- Lamps or lighting products
- Liquid (Any liquid product)
- Negotiable documents (Added 17/1/2009)
- Overhead projector
- Painting or photographs
- Picture or picture frames
- Plates, Pottery or Porcelain
- SIM cards
- Tea set
- Television or computer monitor
- Window or window frame
- Works of art
In addition to the above, list you must also ensure your goods are packaged in accordance with our packaging guidelines; otherwise you will not be entitled to compensation.
Choosing the right service
Tutorial – creating a shipment
Surcharges that may apply to your shipment
Size and weight restrictions
Money back guarantee
Before shipping with Gujarat cargo service it's really important that you understand the terms under which you’re agreeing to abide by when accepting our Terms and Conditions. From the type of products you can and can't ship with us, to the level of compensation you will receive if your parcel is damaged or lost. Click on any of the 'quick links' to learn all about our terms of trade.
Money Back Guarantee:
All our timed deliveries come with a Money Back Guarantee commitment. For all other services, Gujarat cargo service gives you the option to upgrade your delivery to a guaranteed delivery, if you take this option, and your shipment is not delivered within the delivery due date due to a service failure, you are entitled to a full refund on your shipping costs. If you do not upgrade your shipment then you are not entitled to a refund for your shipping costs. To view the terms of the guarantee scheme, Click Here
Limits of Liability:
If your goods are shipped internationally, then the Warsaw or Montreal convention may apply. Where convention rules do not apply, we will only pay compensation for loss, damage or delay of a package caused by our negligence, and only up to a maximum of: £60 per shipment; or, if greater, 8.33 SDR's per kilo of the goods affected, subject in all cases to proof of loss. For more information on our limits of liability, click here
Gujarat cargo service transports goods by road and air. Consequently we have to be very careful about what we ship. You cannot for example ship goods that are flammable, hazardous or dangerous in any way. For a full list of prohibited articles, click here
No Compensation Articles:
There are certain products which are simply not suitable for transportation by courier. If you do ship these articles with us, you will not be entitled to compensation should the goods be damaged in transit. Click Here for a full list of 'No compensation Articles'.
Money back guarantee
Limits of liability
No compensation articles
Terms and conditions
The following articles are prohibited from shipment to all countries served by Gujaratcargoservice.com
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal skins (non-domesticated)
- Articles of exceptional value (e.g., works of art, antiques, precious stones, gold and silver)
- Batteries containing liquid
- Dangerous goods/Hazardous materials (following IATA regulations for Express and Expedited, and following ADR regulations for Standard)
- Firearms or air rifles
- Ink or Toner Cartridges
- Ivory and ivory products
- Live animals
- Meat or animal products
- Money and negotiable items
- Pornographic materials
- Tobacco and tobacco products
Also prohibited are: goods moving under ATA Carnet and all temporary exports and imports; goods moving under FCR, FCT and CAD (Cash Against Document); shipments with inherent vice, which by their nature are likely to soil, impair or damage persons, merchandise or equipment; goods, the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination (e.g. ivory and ivory products), goods which attract excise duty (e.g. spirits) or which require special facilities, safety precautions or permits. Under applicable law, certain goods may be transported only under prescribed conditions and certain goods are prohibited from transportation by air (e.g. liquids in glass containers).
It is the shipper’s responsibility to comply with current government regulations or laws applicable in each country. Shipments are subject to inspection and possible delay by customs or representatives of other government authorities.
We reserve the right to refuse or suspend transportation of any package which does not set out contact details for shipper and receiver and of goods which, in our opinion, are not practicable for transportation or are not adequately described, classified or packed and labeled in a manner suitable for transportation and accompanied by necessary documentation.
We will not transport any goods which are prohibited by law or regulation of any federal, state or local government in the origin or destination countries or which may breach any applicable export, import or other laws or endanger the safety of our employees, agents and subcontractors or the means of transportation or, which in our opinion, soil, paint or otherwise damage other goods or equipment or which are economically or operationally impractical to transport.
Gujaratcargoservice.com adheres to the air transportation regulations outlined by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and to the road transportation regulations outlined by the UN ADR and do not accept Dangerous Goods in its system- nationally or internationally. Local national regulations also apply for road transport.
Individuals or businesses which ship Dangerous Goods without appropriate labeling documentation and packaging can face significant financial and legal penalties. It is also important to remember the following when shipping with Gujarat cargo service.com:
If you are reusing packaging or cartons, please ensure that all old labeling is removed. Any dangerous goods labels on a package will cause the shipment to be held and inspected, causing service delays and Inconvenience to you and your customer.
If you are shipping goods that could be potentially seen as dangerous Goods, but are not, because of their unusual name, appearance etc., it is advantageous to clearly declare on the shipping documentation that the goods are classified as Dangerous Goods. This will ensure the shipment is not delayed unnecessarily. Any misdeclaration will lead to strong penalties for the shipper.
Gujarat cargo service offers the best transit times on the web; Express, Economy Delivery covering all 28 states in India. Shipping outside of the European Union is not as easy as sending a package down the road. Your shipment must travel through customs who will want to know what goods you're shipping, how much there worth and why you're shipping them. But don't worry, Gujarat cargo service helps you produce your customs paperwork, and resolve customs delays if they occur. It is also worthwhile knowing that some countries such as India have restrictions on certain products or may require additional paperwork to be submitted. So for example; if you’re sending clothing to the India, you will need to fill in a special form, called a ‘textile declaration’ to accompany the shipment. For help or advice with shipping, simply Contact Us.
May vary from state to state in India depending on the service you me use
*Transit times vary according to destination; check the Quick Quote for transit times.
At a Glance:
You need to produce Customs Paperwork, Gujarat cargo service can help, but you will need a printer.
Your package may be delayed if your paperwork is inaccurate or the value you declare, inaccurate.
Depending on the goods you’re sending, your receiver may have to pay Customs Duty and Tax.
- It's important to note that the quote you receive from Gujarat cargo service is for the shipping charges. Customs in the country you're shipping to may charge Duty and Tax, which your receiver will have to pay, for more information Click Here
To View Our Billing Options.
- Every country has different restrictions and levels of duty and tax. Contact us for further information